Calories 113 | 14g Protein | 12g Carbohydrates | 1g Fat
Makes 12 Muffins (1 Muffin Per Serving)
The original recipe came from The Shredded Chef: 120 Recipes for Building Muscle, Getting Lean, and Staying Healthy (Second Edition)(The Build Healthy Muscle Series). The original muffin called for Sweet Potatoes and chocolate or vanilla protein powder.* I changed it up a bit and it came out great, but I know you won’t be disappointed however you make it!
- 2 medium size yams*, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup of old-fashion oats
- 2 scoops of Dymatize Nutrition Iso 100 Whey Protein Powder, Cookies and Cream*
- 2 scoops of Jarrow Formulas Optimal Plant Proteins*
- 1 tablespoon of stevia or other sugar alternative
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees
- In a blender or food processor, add all of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Lightly coat a nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray and pour in the mixture. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked. The top will be golden and the toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean. Let them sit before removing from the pan.
Want more tasty recipes? Sign up below to get more sweet treats sent straight to your inbox!