I wish I could remember where I found this recipe to give the site credit, but I can tell you is that it’s completely amazing!
- 8 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast, trimmed of fat and cut into two pieces
- 2 whole-wheat thin deli flats (such as Pepperidge Farms)
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp paprika 1/4 tsp each: onion powder, garlic powder, salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
Dijon Apricot Sauce:
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free
- Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apricot preserves
Place chicken in a medium In a small bowl, whisk together all the marinade ingredients. Pour the mixture over the chicken, fully coating it. Refrigerate chicken for at least four hours.
Mix the Dijon Apricot ingredients in a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Preheat grill or stovetop to medium-high heat. Drain excess marinade from chicken and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees as measured by a food thermometer (flip once).
Serve burgers on deli flats with Dijon apricot sauce.
Per serving (Burger & deli flat): 291 Calories / 39g protein / 26g carbs / 5g fiber / 2g fat
Per serving (Burger): 191 calories / 33g protein / 7g carbs / 0g fiber / 2g fat