Every now and then I try to get a little domesticated and put together a real meal
Don’t get too excited. Ok, well do because this meal was delicious! I present to you….
Calories: 441 kcal
Serves about 6
1 (16 ounce) container Greek yogurt
1 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place Greek yogurt, cucumber, dill weed, 2 cloves garlic, white vinegar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
- Whisk together 4 cloves minced garlic, juice of 1 lemon, red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and oregano in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. If it taste too bitter/salty then add more pepper!
- Stir in chicken strips and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour. It’s important to give it the full hour. I didn’t plan well the first time and cut my time short and the chicken came our bland.
- Preheat the oven’s broiler. Remove chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Place chicken on a large baking sheet.
- Broil the chicken in the preheated oven until lightly browned and no longer pink in the center, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and place each pita bread into the skillet until warm and soft.
Putting It All Together
6 (6 inch) pita bread rounds
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tomato, diced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- Serve warmed pita bread topped with chicken strips, yogurt sauce, tomatoes, onion, and lettuce.