When I started meal prepping I was always looking for a way to make breakfast just as easy and quick as all my other prepped meals. And then I found….Egg Muffins! This is a great breakfast for those who don’t have to sit at home and eat but need something quick on the go. You can put whatever you’d like in your muffins but here is what I started with.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- 3-4 scallions (green onion)
- 6 whole eggs + 4 cups of egg whites
- Salt to taste
- Add 3-4 Bacon Strips for extra protein and fat
- Chop up all of your veggies and cut your bacon into small pieces. Mix veggies together in a bowl and whisk whole eggs and egg whites together in a separate bowl. Set Aside bacon.
- Line your muffin tins with cupcake holders and spray with PAM. If you don’t have liners, you can directly spray PAM onto the tin. Then fill your cups with about a tablespoon of egg mixture.
- Next fill the rest of the cup up with veggies and bacon.
- Fill to the top with the rest of your eggs. You can fill it to the brim as it shouldn’t rise.
- Pop them into the oven at 375F for about 20-30 min or until you see that they are firm on top.
per muffin without bacon: 44.2 cals, 1.4g fat, 1.3g carbs, 6g protein.
Set aside your Egg Muffins in the fridge and grab a few on your way to work this week!