1 large bell pepper (Cut into rings)
4 medium cage free eggs
1 medium tomato (Sliced)
1 jalapeno pepper (Sliced or diced depending on how big you want it)
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons grass fed butter
1 tablespoon diced fresh cilantro
Salt and pepper to taste
This is a quick and easy breakfast idea that looks great too! The end result will be similar to an individual omelet. Plus, it’s gluten free and low carb. Carbs are nothing but sugar, and although they have their benefits, it’s not the fuel you want to start your day with.
Eating sugar first thing in the morning primes your body to burn sugar throughout the day. Eating quality protein and healthy fats in the morning will prime your metabolism to burn fat throughout your day. If your health and fitness goals include some form of body fat lass it is important to fuel your body in the right way to ensure that your metabolism functions properly.
Protein and fat also keep you feeling fuller, longer. Adding these essential macros to your breakfast will help you power through your morning. Feel free to alter recipe and add other ingredients that you may want: onion, bacon bits, etc.
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- Clean and slice bell pepper into rings.
- Place rings in the skillet.
- Slice tomato and jalapeno pepper and place in the center of the bell pepper ring.
- Add mined garlic on top of tomatoes and jalapenos.
- Crack one egg into the bell pepper ring.
- Use a spoon to scoop hot butter from the pan and baste over the egg. You want the white of the egg to be cooked but the yolk to be slightly runny. Cook egg yolk to your preference.
- Use spatula to scoop cooked egg out of pan.
- Top with diced cilantro and salt and pepper.