I live by this cook book (The Ultimate Protein Powder Cookbook: Think Outside the Shake) and swear Anna Sward is an absolute genius! Every recipe I’ve tried I have absolutely loved and I highly recommend it so that you can start adding all things protein in your diet with delicious alternatives to substitute the crap we live on.
1/4 cup of vanilla whey protein powder
1/4 cup of vanilla pea protein powder (I use Jarrow Formulas Optimal Plant Proteins, Supports Gastroinestinal Health, 545 g which is plain, but the donuts still came out tasty)
1 cup of liquid egg whites
3 tbsp of cottage cheese
1/4 cup of coconut flour
1/2 cup of coconut milk
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup of date syrup
2 tbsp granulate stevia
2 tbsp of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Blend the protein powder with egg whites, cottage cheese, coconut flour, coconut milk and baking soda.
- Pour the batter in a Donut tray if you have one. If not, you can use a muffin tin too.
- Bake for about 20 mins or until a knife/toothpick comes out clean. If you overbake them they will come out dry and crumby.
- Once baked, let them sit and cool. Then pour the date syrup on top of the donuts.
- Mix the stevia and cinnamon and sprinkle over the donuts.
Makes 8 Donuts
Serving Size 1 Donut: 106 Calories / 10g of Protein / 7g of Carbs / 6g of Fat