I found this recipe years ago in one of my fitness magazines and it has to be one of my all time favorite ways to prep oatmeal for the week. If you need a new way to meal prep your breakfast, then try out this Blueberry-Banana Baked Oatmeal!
2 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
1/3 cup of sugar or honey (I used honey)
1 tsp of baking powder
2 cups of light soy milk
1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp of salt (optional)
2 medium fortified eggs
1/4 cup of trans fat-free margarine, melted and slightly cooled
2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 cups of fresh or frozen and thawed, blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 and grease inside of an 8-inch baking dish.
- Medium bowl – oats, sugar (if using honey, see paragraph below), half the walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Reserve.
- In another medium bowl – combine honey, milk, eggs, margarine and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Arrange the bananas in layers on the bottom of the baking dish. Place 1 1/2 cups of blueberries on top. Cover the fruit with the oat mixture.
- Slowly pour the milk/egg mixture over the fruit and oats, making sure it covers them completely. Sprinkle the remaining berries and walnuts on top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and mixture has set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Store in refrigerator.
Per serving (makes 6)
Calories: 356 Calories / 10g Protein / 4g Carbs / 16g Fat