Here is a little something for all you pancake lovers out there!
1/2 cup tapioca flour (I used bob’s red mill)
1/2 cup brown rice flour
3 tablespoons ground golden flax
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 heaping tablespoons agave or Lyle’s golden syrup
(honey will work too)
1 mashed ripe banana
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 cup warm water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place all dry ingredients (tapioca starch, brown rice flour, flax, coconut flour,baking powder, and sea salt) into a medium mixing bowl. Stir briefly with a whisk to incorporate.
- Add the wet ingredients (agave, banana, coconut milk, water and vanilla) and mix thoroughly for a minute or two or until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes and heat a skillet on medium-high.
- When the skillet is hot, grease it with your oil of choice (I use coconut oil).
- Spoon or scoop pancakes 1/4 cup of batter at a time onto the skillet. You may need to use a spoon or heat-proof spatula to spread the batter into circles as it will be somewhat elastic.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and flip when the edges are just beginning to dry a bit (mine also looked like they were just beginning to dimple). Adjust heat down to medium if necessary. Cook the remaining side for 1-2 additional minutes.
Serve warm with sliced bananas, shredded coconut and maple syrup.